I hope you're having a wonderful week. My 3yo is getting better after spiking super high fevers the last few days. I actually went out in public today for the first time since Monday.
If you know me at all, you can imagine how stir crazy I was. But oh so thankful for being able to be home to take care of my little man. Why are they so cute when they're sick? Even with the snot... The droopy eyes and desire to cuddle makes my sick kids irresistible to me (other sick kids with runny noses, not so much). We always take pictures of them when they're sick too. Are we the only ones?
I don't know about you, but I'm always on the search for food that is good for me but that tastes good too. Not an easy task to be sure.
However, I did stumble upon these three foods and thought I'd share them with you. Because if you were eating pure deliciousness and it was healthy, I would want you to share it with me.
That's how I roll.
1. Dark Chocolate Almond Milk. This is heavenly. The brand is 'Silk' and if I were drinking brown silk that's what I would dream of it tasting like. (Actually, putting fabric in your mouth of any kind is kind of gross and would likely make you gag).
The liquid silk is fine. Here's their brag:
- 50% more calcium than dairy milk*
- 120 scrumptious calories per serving
- Excellent source of antioxidant vitamins C and E
- Absolutely no saturated fat or cholesterol
- 100% free of lactose dairy
2. Better Oats Instant Oatmeal with Flax Seeds. At my store, they're 2 boxes for $3. That makes each serving just about .30 each. They're less than 160 calories depending on the flavor you choose. They're made with whole grains and are a good source of Omega-3's! I just finished a box that was blueberry muffin flavor. Yum. I like that you don't even have to pull your measuring cup out for water. You tear open the package, pour the oats in a bowl, and use the empty pouch to measure the water.
3. Champagne Mangos. I've talked about these on FB. They are soooo fabulous. 80 calories and crazy amounts of vitamin C. I've been having them for dessert lately. They taste different than regular mangoes. They even have their own website. So if you want to read more, click here.
PS: If you eat the mango right out of the skin like an animal, it leaves your lips yellow. I looked like Ronald McDonald the other day (with yellow instead of red). I freaked my brother in law out to be sure. And myself when I looked in the mirror.
Have any great, healthy foods that you're family has been enjoying? Please share. I need some more options.