I love Mexican food. My family is not as crazy about it as I am. So when I do make it, I try to make it interesting for the kids with lots of options for them to customize to their liking.Yesterday I found this recipe for Chicken Taco meat in the slow cooker. It was sooo good. I gave the kids the choice of making their own tacos, a burrito bowl or taco salad. I put out shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, salsa and shells. You can add whatever else you like to your table. It's a fun, messy but delicious meal. The best part is, most of the ingredients are things that you likely already have on hand. You can click on the recipe name to take you to the source and for easier printing.
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small onion chopped (my add)
- 1 or 2 minced garlic cloves (my add)
- Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth.
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot and pour chicken broth over.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-size pieces.
- To freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices.