I'm no graphic designer, but I'm so excited to share with you something I discovered last night while making cup cake toppers for my SIL's baby shower... Wait for it... Wait for it... I used powerpoint to make my very own clip art, and it turned out so cute!
SO I decided to make my own! I did a handlebar mustache and a bow tie using this method and if I can do it, YOU can too ;)
Here we go.
1. Start with a new ppt document.
2. Insert Shape. You're going to insert lines and connectors and click the one pictured below (it's called the "curve" line).
3. You'll need to play with it a bit (see the squiggly blue line? That's what it looks like when you're drawing), but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. You click your mouse at each point you want the line to go. When you're done with the shape, you double click.
4. You can see that I made one side of a mustache. You're going to right click and format the shape to whatever color you want.
5. Copy and paste the shape (this is for the mustache or any clip with mirrored sides-bow tie, too).
6. Right click on the pasted side and flip horizontally.
Then line it up with the other side.
7. Highlight both shapes then right click. Hit grouping and group the items.
8. You now have ONE object that should resemble a mustache, or whatever you want to make ;)
If you right click on the clip you can see that you have the option to save it as a picture! Isn't that so cool?
Like I said, I made both the bow tie and the handlebar mustache above with this method.
Since you're my friends, you can download my cupcake toppers here :) I'll leave it in PPT so that you can change the wording, etc. if you so desire.
You can thank my nephew, Casey. Can't wait to meet the little man!
Let me know if you have any questions...